The future will be powered by the responsible use of data and intelligent systems.
For the past quarter century, companies have worked to become “digital.” Now they are using data, algorithms, and AI to reinvent how decisions are made. They are becoming data enterprises. This is transforming everything from retail, education, and entertainment to health and wellness, transportation, and energy.
For these intelligent systems to create economic and societal value for all stakeholders—customers, employees, citizens, shareholders, partners, suppliers, and more—they must be designed and managed responsibly.
Who we are
The Data & Trust Alliance brings together leading businesses and institutions across multiple industries to learn, develop, and adopt responsible data and AI practices. Established in September 2020, it was founded as a not-for-profit consortium and is co-chaired by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst chairman and managing director, and former American Express chairman and CEO; and Sam Palmisano, former IBM chairman and CEO. Jon Iwata, founding executive director, works with a cross-functional team of senior executives selected by their CEOs to identify and drive Alliance projects.
What we believe
- Every enterprise in every industry is or will soon be
a data enterprise.
- Every data enterprise has an essential obligation to be a responsible steward of data, algorithms, and AI.
- We must earn the trust and serve the interests of our stakeholders and all who share their data with us.
What we do
- We share practices across industries and disciplines in order to accelerate learning.
- We develop new practices and tools to advance the responsible use of data, algorithms, and AI.
- We are not a “think tank.” We don’t lobby or advocate on public policy issues.